Even Function in Excel | 3 Step Quick Guide
Even function in excel is used to round a number to the next even integer. The function will round up a positive number and round down a negative number basically the function will try to round the number away from zero.
The function is one of the math functions in excel and used if you want round to even number.
Let’s see how to use the even formula in excel.
Table of Contents
Number is the value we want to round to the next even integer.
How to use even function in excel
Here’s the even function example in excel to round numbers to next even integer:
0, -1.5, 1.5, 2, 3.67, 4.7, -35,
- If you enter a non-numeric value like text the EVEN function will return the #VALUE error.
- The formula can only be applied to a single cell but not a range.
- If the number is equally positioned between two EVEN numbers, then the number will be rounded up. Example: if number is 35 then it’s 1 away from 34 and 1 away from 36 then in that case it’ll be rounded to 36.
The ISEVEN function is used to determine if a value is even or not. The function only has 1 argument.
If the function returns TRUE it means the number is even and if it returns FALSE it means the number is not even.
Count EVEN Values
We can use the COUNTIF function to also count number of even values in excel.
- Use the ISEVEN formula to first determine if the values are even or not. Enter =ISEVEN(A2) and drag the formula to the rest of the cells.
- Then in the cell C5 type the formula =COUNTIF(B2:B8, TRUE) and hit enter.
- The formula will count the cells from the range B2:B8 where the value is TRUE i.e the value is EVEN.
Other Important Formulas
You might be also interested to learn other ways of rounding numbers in excel:
This was all about how to use even function in excel.
Hope this article helped you to understand EVEN function along with the ISEVEN function in excel with the even function example.
If you have any suggestions on topics we should cover or any questions feel free to add the same in the comments below and our team would be happy to help you.
Advanced Excel Course
Learn Vlookup, Pivot tables, What IF, Macro Automation, Power Query and much more.
- 10+Hrs of Learning Content
- 50+ Practical Exercises
- Doubt Resolution