How to hide column in Excel | Excel Hide Column Guide
Sometimes you want to hide column in excel. Maybe the data is too much or you don’t want someone to see some columns or rows. Whatever the case maybe, it’s good to know how to hide column in excel.
In this tutorial apart from hiding we’ll also cover how to unhide column in excel. So let’s get started.
How to hide column in excel – Quick Process
- Select one or more columns.
- Now right click on the column name and select Hide from the drop down menu.
Done know you know the process to hid column in excel.
How to hide column in excel – Using Format Option
- Select the columns you want to hide.
- Now go to Home tab and select Format option.
- Under Visibility select Hide & Unhide and then choose Hide Columns.
- Done the columns are now hidden.
We generally prefer the first process as that’s quicker.
How to unhide column in excel – Quick Process
- Select the columns on either side of the hidden column which you hid earlier.
- Right click and select the Unhide option from the drop box.
- Done, now you can see the column was which hidden earlier.
How to unhide all columns in Excel
Now that you know how to unhide column in excel, let’s see how to unhide all columns in excel in case you have hidden multiple columns and don’t want to repeat the process multiple times.
- Click on the triangle on the upper left corner of the first cell i.e. A1. This will select the entire sheet.
- Now right click and select the Unhide option.
Done, now you know how to show hidden columns in excel.
How to unhide first column in excel
It’s tricky to unhide first column in excel, so in this example we’ll use Go To Option to do the same.
- Go to Home tab, select Find & Select and choose Go To
- A new dialog box will appear. Now in the Reference box entre A1 and select OK.
- Even though A1 is not visible, but excel has selected A1.
- Now go to Home tab and select Format > Hide & Unhide and choose Unhide Columns.
Done know you know how to unhide first column in excel.
Unhide all columns in excel with VBA
You can use the below code to build a macro and then run it. This will unhide all columns in excel.
Sub UnhideAllCoulmns ()
Cells.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
This was all about how to hide column in Excel.
I hope this tutorial helped you understand process to how excel hide column process works, how to unhide column in excel, how to unhide all columns in Excel and much more.
If you have any questions or tips, I’d love to hear them in the comment section below.
Advanced Excel Course
Learn Vlookup, Pivot tables, What IF, Macro Automation, Power Query and much more.
- 10+Hrs of Learning Content
- 50+ Practical Exercises
- Doubt Resolution